Art and culture - Church and religious places
Church of San Michele Arcangelo in Peschiera Maraglio
It was built during the 16th century on the ruins of a previous church and was consecrated in 1648. The facade is characterized by two orders, a smooth, riangular tympanum and a metal cross at the top of a flight of seven steps made of marble from Sarnico, with a pyramid plant. The 17th cent. portal, made of linear Sarnico marble, is decorated with Tuscan pilasters. The door is made of ebony and bears two high-relief cornucopias. The inside of the church, characterized by a nave and a barrel vault, is richly stucco-decorated: the church is embellished by floral patterns, mixtilinear, semicircular and ogival cornices surrounding numerous frescos carried out by Bolognese painter Francesco Monti in the 18th century.
– Saturday at 4.50 pm
– Sunday at 6 pm
During the masses the visits are interrupted.
Photos by: Linoolmostudio.it