- 16 b.c.: most of Lake Iseo, then called Sebinus, was under the Roman dominion and joined to the Res Pubblica Camunnorum. The Romans started cultivating vines, chestnuts and olives.
- 8th cent.: the Lombards entrusted the inland area of Lake Iseo (the ancient Sebino) to the Benedictine nuns of San Salvatore for it to be reclaimed.
- 905: in Monte Isola, which belonged to the Convent of Santa Giulia (previously San Salvatore), there were four houses, some arable land, vineyards, a wood, a
harbour and some farms.
- 1091: the Cluniacs from Provaglio founded a monastery on the island of San Paolo.
- 1248: Brescia, after being defeated in Parma by Frederick II, occupied once again the lost lands in the province, including the area of Lake Iseo.
- 1300 approx.: beginning of the building of the Rocca Martinengo.
- 1390: Matteo II Visconti visited the Oldofredis to go duck hunting.
- 1411: Pandolfo Malatesta extended his dominion on Lake Iseo and started receiving duties from Iseo, Monte Isola and other villages of the area.
- 1426: the Republic of Venice started ruling on the Lake and continued until 1797. The deregulation of the fishing right and the abolition of ancient feudal privileges, carried out by the Venetian Senate, gave a boost to fishing and net manufacturing.
- 1497: Catherine Cornaro, Queen of Cyprus, visited Monte Isola.
- 1717: some fishermen from Peschiera decided to ask the Venitian Senate to forbid certain types of nets considered dangerous for fish. By the end of the century Monte Isola’s reputation as net
manufacturing land had been well established.
- 1834: introduction of steamboats
in Lovere. The first steamboat travelled on the Lovere-Iseo-
- 1922-23: introduction of electricity into the island.